Under the Button is part of a student-run nonprofit.

One Door Closes, A Subway Opens: New Eats On Penn Streets

artisserie-chocolate-cafe-366x480

The University City eatery scene is an ever-changing beast, and even though many are solely concerned with HipCityVeg's impending opening, UTB is here as always with the comprehensive report of the intriguing (or depressing) new kids on the block and the restaurants devastatingly closing their doors.

Bidding Goodbye:

As we continue to tearfully mourn the tragic losses of Lee's and Don Memo, The DP reports the sudden and shocking closure of another campus establishment. Artisserie Chocolate Cafe has bitten the bust, and the owners were allegedly forced to clear out in 30 minutes! That's more stressful than oversleeping the morning of your midterm in DRL! Our hearts are with the beloved dessert shop, known for its chocolate and Lucida Calligraphy font.

Additionally, be forewarned that a walk north on 38th will leave you brokenhearted before you even hit Chili's/Atlantis Gentlemen's Club. That's right, 7-Eleven is GONE, ABANDONED AND DILAPIDATED. Don't you ever for a second get to thinking you're replaceable, bb! Okay, you are, because we've got a new Wawa with better food to wipe up them tears, but still, RIP.

A Warm Welcome:

With all this sadness, we look to the light that is 44th Street. Dearest readers, we want to know your thoughts about the newest on-campus BYO. It's not cheap Asian, but it will make boozy brunch mimosas if you bring champagne! Let us know if you've sampled the farm-to-table offerings of RX the Farmacy, which resided there previously (simply as RX) before a brief stint as a meh Italian joint. But more importantly, are the rumors of this organic haven carding true?

UTB would also love to hear your in-depth critiques of the obscure new deli near Copa in Cream & Sugar's old storefront. It's called Subway, and we hear they have $5 footlongs. Is this perhaps the most welcome change of all? Does it compare to it's dearly departed cousin who used to live under Commons? Sound off below!

PennConnects