About Us

Under The Button, your 24/7 source for all things Penn.

Penn Links

News  Published 03/15/12 3:37pm

SPEC Releases Semester's Final Trio Of Events

Picture-4

We always knew SPEC Jazz and Grooves were some cool cats, but now they're going to be some cool online cats. Joining the world of ~*~*technology*~*~ will be jazzandgrooves.com, a website J&G plan to use as "the first ever Philadelphia music and events blog for Penn students." Woah, hey, that's pretty awesome! To celebrate, they're holding a launch party, a final concert at the ARCH and a Fling shindig. Check out all dem sweet deetz below:

1. Launch Party at the Castle WHEN: Thursday, 3/22 WHERE: The Castle, 36th and Locust WHY: Headlined by French electro duo Mustard Pimp and New York-based DJ duo Designer Drugs, this is a must-go show. (Mustard Pimp? Come on! You can't miss Mustard Pimp, guys.)

2. The ARCH Blowout WHEN: Friday, 3/30 WHERE: Da ARCH, man. WHY: Headliners Sepalcure, Machinedrum, Mux Mool and Heathered Pearls will be the last to grace the ARCH with neat jamz and sweaty synth until--thanks to remodeling--2014. 2014, y'all!!! Get your big azzez there while you still can.

3. Fling Performance Series WHEN: Friday, April 13th WHERE: Lower Quad WHY: Though this won't be Tiesto or Passion Pit, we're guessing it'll still be worth checking out between rounds of fried oreos. More details to come.