In continuation of the whole, "Hey we're Penn, and hot celebrities love us" phase, Canadian-British blogger and sexting connoisseur Cory Doctorow will be here this Thursday for some good ol' Q & A. As the author of several science fiction novels and other short stories, it'd be easy to assume this talk is Trekkies-only, but--trust us--there's more to Doctorow than meets the Eye of Sauron. Here are five factoids about this co-editor of Boing Boing you may not know already:
- He was born in Toronto and raised in a Jewish activist household.
- One of his novels, titled For The Win, centers around video games and economics (please refrain from all "Econ majors FTW!!!" jokes).
- He was listed as one of Forbes' top Web Celebs from 2007-2010. That's like, forever in Internet years (aka this dude is internet famous FOR REAL).
- He can tell you whether or not your search history is actually anonymous (that one time we got high and googled how to make a nuclear weapon totally doesn't count, right?) and what it takes to be an "uber blogger." Yay, technology!
- He has a three-year-old daughter named Poesy Emmeline Fibonacci Nautilus Taylor Doctorow.