Under the Button is part of a student-run nonprofit.

What's HapPENNing?

happening

Four more weeks of class and then the year is over! Although this does mean that the vast majority of us will soon be separated from Dear Old Penn, we do have something to look forward to at the end of next week: Spring Fling! So put on a smile for us. Can you do that? No? Fine, be that way. But at least go to some of the awesome events on campus this week.

Flash Mob Pillow Fight Who: Everyone When and where: Monday, 11:55 a.m.; The Compass Why: Huh? Who organized this? Why? Alright, we'll stop asking questions because we're too confused. But don't hit us too hard tomorrow!

Antifragility: How to Live in a World We Don't Understand and Enjoy It Who: PPE Program When and where: Tuesday, 4:30-6 p.m.; Huntsman G06 Why: Nassim N. Taleb, a professor at NYU, will be giving a speech on the significance of a black swan, an "unpredictable event that has a major impact." We wanna go! Save us a seat?

A Talk by Dr. Jared Diamond Who: Philomathean Society When and where: Wednesday, 7-8:30 p.m.; Irvine Why: Seeing as this is the Year of Water and all, Diamond will be giving a talk on the importance of water in the "collapse of civilizations." This sounds kinda cool. Good job, Philo, you've almost redeemed yourself from that inexplicable Steampunk Disco you had earlier this semester.

Take Back the Night Who: Abuse and Sexual Assault Prevention When and where: Thursday, 6-9 p.m.; College Green Why: On Thursday, students will convene on College Green to stand up against abuse and sexual violence towards women. There's going to be a "Speak Out" in which individuals can share their stories. You should go!

GreenFest Who: Penn Environmental Group When and where: Friday, 12-4 p.m.; Wynn Commons Why: Learn what you can do to help the environment. Also, free food. Repeat: FREE FOOD.

PennConnects