We're deep into reading days, people. But of course, since we are the school that embodies “work hard, play hard,” we’re also well into formals season. So how do you have a great time without failing out of school? UTB has the answers. Try out these tips for how to study at a formal!
- Just don’t.
- Tip a waiter to fake a coke scandal at about 10:30 p.m., so by the time the police come and (hopefully) don’t find anything, you can be home by 11:30 p.m. (Ed. Note: KNOW YOUR AUDIENCE for this one. Don’t want anyone to actually go to jail).
- Lipstick = dry erase marker. Bathroom mirror = white board. Get out your phone and do some calc practice problems.
- Convince everyone that the location is LAME. Come on, who hasn’t been to the Ritz? You need to go UNDERGROUND. Keep the new and exclusive location secret, make sure everyone puts on a blindfold after your BYO, and then carefully lead everyone into the best party location in Philly: the VP Library basement.
- Stay home but have your date FaceTime you from the formal so you can mingle/cram at the same time.
- Invite the smartest person in your class to go with you and then park yourselves at a small table in the corner (you know, the one where people are usually sucking face) and have a review session.
- Drink to forget that finals even exist.
- Stuff flash cards in your handbag/jacket pocket and have your friends/date quiz you (Ed. Note: This works best if you’re on a boat because then they can’t escape you.)
- Architecture final? Impress your date by discussing how the building has a distinct French Baroque style due to its columns and segmental pediments.
- If you’re feeling bold – cut the cord for the DJ booth, sit in the middle of the dance floor, and shout “QUIET HOURS.”
Happy studying, folks!