Live Blog: Bernie Sanders in Manchester, NH

The DPolitics team is live in Manchester, N.H. at Palace Theatre at a Bernie Sanders rally. Stay tuned for live updates:

1:17pm: Sanders just entered to thunderous applause from a diverse audience of young and old voters alike. He is currently addressing the audience. DP photographer Alex Fisher is in one of the theatre alcoves taking photos of the event.

1:20pm: Sanders is currently talking about how he financed his presidential campaign without Super PACs. "Something happened that I never ever dreamed would have happened. We have received more campaign contributions than any other candidate in U.S. history," Sander said. The average campaign contribution is $27.

1:25pm: “In America today we work the longest hours of any people in the industrialized world. In fact, 58% of new income is going to the top 1%. You guys ready for a radical idea? Together we are going to create an economy that works for working families, not just the top 1%,” says Sanders. Crowd going crazy right now.

1:29pm: “We should be hiring teachers, not firing teachers,” says Bernie as he talks about the importance of investing in education.

1:31pm: “Here is the second radical idea of the idea. Why not invest in education for our young people, rather than jails and incarceration?”

1:32pm: “Your state has been inundated with all sorts of conservative politicians. They talk about family values. I want everyone here to know exactly what they mean. What they mean is that they think that no woman in this room should have the right to control their own body,” says Sanders. Crowd boos. "I disagree,” says Sanders. Crowd erupts. "They believe in defunding Plan Parenthood. I believe we should expand funding,” finishes Sanders.

1:35pm: Someone in the crowd, referring to Wall Street, screams, “They stole the country, those assholes.” Sanders replies, "I wouldn’t phrase it exactly like that, but that is close to the truth."

1:40pm: “Our job together is for America to have one of the highest voter turnouts in the world, not one of the lowest in the world,” says Sanders. Clearly appealing to that crucial young vote to go out and vote tomorrow.

1:44pm: “Does anyone have student debt here?” Two young college students stand up. Bernie asks them how much they have in debt. One of them has $200,000 in debt, the other $120,000.

“Getting an education in America should not be punished. It should be encouraged,” proclaims Sanders.

1:46pm: "We will give students the ability to refinance their loans. We are going to impose a tax on Wall Street’s speculation. Now it is there time to help the middle-class,” says Sanders as he explains how he plans to finance his plan to help students refinance their debt.

1:49pm: Bernie is now talking about climate change. He is talking about how the CIA has confirmed climate change can lead to more international conflicts. The issue goes beyond the environment, it’s a question of international security for Sanders and his supporters.

1:50pm: "There is not one Republican candidate for President that recognizes the existence of human caused climate change,” says Sanders.

Sanders is now mocking Trump’s view on climate change. According to Sanders, Trump believes climate change is hoax created by the Chinese. Sanders jokes and questions why Trump wouldn’t accuse Mexicans and Muslims for causing global warming. Crowd erupts in laughter.

1:53pm: Sanders is now talking about the Affordable Care Act. Interestingly enough, Sanders hasn’t made reference to Clinton throughout the whole event.

Anyways, Sanders is now asking the crowd what type of healthcare deductibles they pay. Some in the crowd talk about the high amounts they are paying. Sanders goes on to build upon those examples to make his point about further reforming the U.S.’s healthcare policy.

1:58pm: “We have to move towards a medical care for all, single payer health system,” says Sanders. Wonder how many times he has said this in the last week. 

1:59pm: “It is not about where we want to go. It is about whether or not we have the courage to take on the drug companies and insurers. I believe we do. I definitely do. Let’s do it!” says Bernie.

2:02pm: “This campaign is about understanding that our government belongs to all of us, and not just the 1 percent,” says Bernie. His finishing line. Would have expected a louder reaction from the crowd, but alas the rally has finished. Bernie has exited. The crowd is slowly dispersing and filing out.

2:03pm: Some are chanting, “Bernie”, “Bernie”, “Bernie”. Will we get an encore from the self-proclaimed socialist, Vermont rock-star?

2:04pm: No encore. Event is done. Some linger and talk excitedly to each other. Alex and I are now about to head to a Ted Cruz rally. Follow DPolitics for the full coverage. Thanks fam.