Bagnoli announces Columbia football staff
Once the dust cleared and Al Bagnoli was Columbia football's head coach, the next question became: Who would be on his staff? Would he take anyone from Penn's current staff?
Well, Bagnoli did raid Ray Priore's staff for one particular coach: Wide receivers coach Mark Fabish. Fabish will coach receivers and will be an associate head coach under Bagnoli at Columbia, leaving a spot to fill for Priore at Penn.
"Mark was the other coach I “recruited” from Penn," Bagnoli said in a release. "Mark served as our wide receivers coach and recruiting coordinator as well as a member of my offensive staff, which produced three outright championships. He is a former great player at Penn and part of my first recruiting class. Mark will be a great fit as he is a North Jersey native who played at Bergen Catholic."
Other familiar faces: Jon McLaughlin was let go by Penn after the most recent season as offensive line and offensive coordinator and he will be Bagnoli's offensive line coach. Joseph D'Orazio, who was an All-Ivy offensive lineman for Penn as recently has four years ago, will coach tight ends for Columbia.
Here's the full staff in bullet point form:
- Offensive coordinator and QB coach: Michael Faragalli
- Offensive Line coach: Jon McLaughlin
- Wide receivers coach: Mark Fabish
- Tight ends coach: Joseph D'Orazio
- Running backs coach: Todd Gilcrist
- Defensive coordinator: Paul Ferraro
- Defensive line coach: Darin Edwards
- Linebackers coach and special teams coordinator: Justin Stovall
- Secondary coach and recruiting coordinator: Jon Poppe