Who to root for (Day 11)

Selection Sunday is here and Penn is all but locked into a No. 15 seed. That is because there have been a dearth of upsets in many of these mid-major conference tournaments this year. The top seeds all seemed to pull it out (which bolsters the argument that an Ivy League tournament might not be such a bad idea).

Here's who you should root for today if Penn is going to have any chance of boosting its seed:

Penn's projected seed: 15
Conference leaders/winners behind Penn in the RPI: 6
Penn's RPI ranking: 98th

America East Conference Tournament
Congrats to No. 1 Albany, who won its conference tournament last night to earn a trip to the Big Dance. The Great Danes will likely be a No. 16 seed.

Atlantic Coast Conference Tournament
No. 1 Duke -- a Penn opponent from earlier this season -- plays No. 3 Boston College today for the ACC crown. Root for the Blue Devils to give Penn a little RPI boost. If you're interested in scouting possible first round opponents today don't look here. The Quakers are not allowed to play either team in the first round.

Atlantic 10 Tournament
St. Joe's dropped a heartbreaker last night, losing 62-61 to Xavier. That means that the Hawks aren't going to the NCAA Tournament. Xavier will definitely be seeded ahead of Penn.

Big East Tournament
Congrats to No. 9 Syracuse, who made an improbable run through the Big East Tourney to win the automatic bid. They are the lowest seeded team to ever win this tournament but they will certainly be seeded well above the Quakers.

Big Sky Tournament
No. 2 Montana beat No. 1 Northern Arizona tonight to take the conference title. The Grizzlies should be ranked ahead of Penn in the field of 65.

Big Ten Tournament
No. 1 Ohio State plays No. 2 Iowa today for the title. Check out the Buckeyes if you have time because they are a likely opponent of the Quakers in the first round. Root for anyone to win this one.

Big 12 Tournament
No. 1 Texas plays No. 2 Kansas today in the finals. Again, check out Texas here. They are another likely Quakers opponent for later this week. You can cheer for either team.

Big West Tournament
Pacific held on to defeat Long Beach State last night. Had Pacific lost, that could have bumped Penn up to a 14 seed. Now it seems that Penn will be seeded a bit lower than the California school in the field of 65.

Conference USA Tournament
No. 1 Memphis beat No. 2 UAB last night for the conference title. The Tigers are a likely No. 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament.

Mid-American Conference Tournament
Another team Penn needed to win, No. 7 Toledo, fell to No. 1 Kent State last night in the title game. Ranked 50th in the RPI, Kent State is certainly going to be seeded higher than the Quakers.

Mid-eastern Athletic Conference Tournament
No. 6 Hampton upset No. 1 Delaware State last night for a trip to the Big Dance. Unfortunately, that wasn't one of the upsets Penn was looking for. The Pirates can book their tickets to Dayton already because they are definitely going to be in the play-in game.

Mountain West Conference Tournament
San Diego State held on to beat Wyoming in overtime last night for the conference title. The Aztecs will definitely be seeded ahead of the Quakers.

Pac-10 Tournament
No. 1 UCLA won the tournament last night, beating Cal. The Bruins might be a Penn opponent in the first round.

Southeastern Conference Tournament
Florida plays Cinderella team South Carolina today for the title. Root for either team but check out the Gators. There's a slim possibility Penn plays them in the first round.

Southland Conference Tournament
Root for No. 2 Sam Houston State to upset No. 1 Northwestern State today. If that happens, Penn could get bumped up to a No. 14 seed (though that's still unlikely).

Southwestern Conference Tournament
Southern beat Arkansas-Pine Bluff last night for a trip to the NCAA Tournament. They will be seeded behind Penn in the field of 65.