My All-Ivy ballot

Another season of Ancient Eight basketball is in the books. Later this week, the results will be announced from the coaches voting for league honors. Here are my picks a few days early:

ALL-IVY FIRST TEAM:
C Dominick Martin, Yale senior -- Most dominant big man in the league and a league-best 56.9 percent shooter. Averaged roughly a double-double in eight of last nine games.
F Matt Stehle, Harvard senior -- Leading rebounder, third in scoring and second only to Jaaber in steals. Even on a team as underachieving as Harvard, Stehle was impressive.
F Mark Zoller, Penn junior -- A little hometown bias here, but Zoller has been reliable as anyone can by for the Ivy champs. He carried the team to five wins over the last six games and ranks second in rebounding and seventh in scoring.
G Scott Greenman, Princeton senior -- He doesn't have statistics to match with the other four, but he's the one and only reason Princeton won 10 games in the Ivy League. Greenman hit game-winners in four contests, and without him, the Tigers go 4-10 -- that's worth something to me.
G Ibrahim Jaaber, Penn junior -- Scored 114 more points than any other player, shot a third-best 53.9 percent and broke his own Ivy record for steals with 95.

PLAYER OF THE YEAR:
Ibrahim Jaaber, Penn -- Couldn't be a more obvious choice. No player changes the game more than Jaaber, and he as the title to prove it. No need to bother with a separate defensive player of the year category.

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR:
Adam Gore, Cornell -- Who's the best three-point shooter in the league? I'll give you a hint, he doesn't play for Princeton. Gore hit 83 threes at a 41.9 percent clip. No wonder he was named Rookie of the Week eight times.

COACH OF THE YEAR:
Steve Donahue, Cornell -- Donahue put together a winning season with mediocre talent and had to pull his team together after losing guard Khaliq Gant with a career-ending neck injury in practice. Throw out the 40- point loss at the Palestra, and Donahue had his team competitive night in and night out. Joe Scott at Princeton deserves a lot of credit for 10 Ivy wins, but it's hard to overlook that 2-12 start. Penn's Fran Dunphy did another fine job, but he had so much talent he could have gone on a month-long vacation and still won the title.

ALL-IVY SECOND TEAM:
F John Baumann, Columbia sophomore
F Steve Danley, Penn junior
G Eric Flato, Yale sophomore
G Jim Goffredo, Harvard junior
G Eric Osmundson, Penn senior

HONORABLE MENTION: Keenan Jeppeson, Brown sophomore; Mike Lang, Dartmouth senior; Lenny Collins, Cornell senior