Penn-Cornell game updates

ITHACA, N.Y. -- Penn (15-7, 7-1 Ivy) at Cornell (10-13, 5-4).

Follow the action from Cornell's Newman arena on The Buzz!

Elsewhere, Columbia pulled off another shocker, knocking off Princeton on a buzzer-beater, 65-64. The Tigers now have three league losses. Also, Yale beat Harvard, 77-66, and Dartmouth topped Brown, 58-46

FINAL - Penn 67-56. Columbia and Dartmouth are eliminated from the Ivy chase. Princeton holds second with three losses.

0:15.3 (second half): Jaaber skies to put back an Oz miss. Those two gave him 29 for the game. Penn will cover the spread. Somehow.

1:15 (second half): Penn has converted 8 of 9 foul shots with the lone miss being rebounded by Jaaber. Penn 65-53

1:40 (second half): Danley missed the front end of a one-and-one, but Zoller skied for the rebound and Penn was able to burn 31 seconds off the shot clock before fouling Zoller. Danley had another chance at the line seconds later and hit two. Penn 60-51

3:28 (second half): Oz hit a catch-and-shoot three from the elbow after missing an open three on the previous possession. Most of Penn's starting five are playing in deep foul trouble: Danley 4, Ebede 4, Jaaber 3, Osmundson 4. Penn 56-51

6:29 (second half): A critical stretch for Penn saw the Quakers get two baskets on second-chances. Danley and Grandieri both put back missed threes to give Penn ever so slight breathing room. Penn 53-48

7:36 (second half): Without Jaaber, Penn would be losing by at least 20. He have Penn the margin with a floater in the lane and now has 24. Penn 49-48.

10:07 (second half): Naeve gave Cornell the lead with a jumper from the right wing. Cornell 48-47

11:40 (second half): Cornell tied it on a three by Dow, and the home fans awoke. This looks too much like last night. Grandieri hit a layup for the lead. Penn 46-44.

15:11 (second half): Whitehurst lost an easy pass under the Penn basket, and Rourke recovered, feeding Collins at the other end for an open three. That cut Penn's lead to just two. Jaaber answered with back-to-back threes. Penn 44-39

HALFTIME: Penn 35, Cornell 29. Stats:

Penn: 11 turnovers, 12-25 shooting, 48 percent. Jaaber 5-7, 16 points, 2 steals; Oz 2-4, 6 points; Zoller and Ebede 4 rebounds.

Cornell: 10 turnovers, 10-25 shooting, 40 percent. Rourke 3-7, 9 points, 4 rebounds; 2-4, 8 points.

1:30 (first half): Cornell has missed enough threes for an entire game, but the Big Red are outplaying Penn for offensive rebounds. Rourke saved a bad out-of-bounds pass from Penn and Naeve was able to convert a jumper at the other end, cutting Penn's lead to three. Jaaber answered with a three. Jaaber 16, rest of Penn 17, Cornell 27

3:34 (first half): Cornell unveils a 2-3 zone and, as expected, Penn doesn't know what to do. Ebede passed to Osmundson at the top of the key as the shot clock expired. It's last night's game all over again. Danley picked up his third personal with four minutes to go. Penn 28-21

4:21 (first half): Jaaber picked off a short inbounds pass intended for Collins under the Penn goal and simply jumped up for the layup. Jaaber has 13. Penn 28-21

7:24 (first half): Naeve could not hold onto a handoff for an easy layup, and Whitehurst seized the ball and fed Jaaber who was fouled on a fast-break layup. Penn 22-17

9:02 (first half): Jaaber intercepted a 50-foot pass intended for Gore, and an ensuing collision sent him to the floor. An official called a foul and smacked Cornell coach Steve Donahue in the face. I don't know whether Donahue was more surprised by the physicality of the call or the foul itself. Penn 20-13

11:40 (first half): Back-to-back Cornell turnovers yield zero Penn points as both Ebede and Zoller miss layups. Jaaber so far has 8 points and an athletic block. Penn 15-8

15:16 (first half): Checking the out-of-town scoreboard, Dartmouth and Yale are in line for wins and Princeton trails Columbia by 10 at the half in New York.

17:34 (first half): Zoller's layup gave Penn first blood. Osmundson and Jaaber have threes. Penn 8 Cornell 2.

Starting Lineups
PENN: Jaaber, Zoller, Danley, Whitehurst, Osmundson
Cornell: Rourke, Collins, Gore, Naeve, Dow

A decent number of Cornell students have spilled over from the hockey game that preceded this game next door at Lynah Rink. Harvard defeated Cornell 4-3. Crowd looks to be about 1,200.

Quakers are wearing white jerseys on the road for the first time this season, per new Ivy League rules.