Credit: KYLIE COOPER

New College House West is set to welcome its first residents this month after more than two years of construction.

NCHW features suite-style apartments, spacious common areas, a dining cafe, and the "Café West" coffee bar. The construction cost a record-shattering $169.5 million and faced minimal delays due to COVID-19, allowing the project stay on track for a fall 2021 opening. The 450-bed residential building will house sophomores, juniors, and seniors.

NCHW's fall 2021 opening coincides with the launch of Penn's new Second-Year Experience program, in which sophomores will be required to live in on-campus housing and purchase a meal plan. Here's an exclusive first look at NCHW's features.

Credit: Kylie Cooper

The first floor of NCHW houses a number of special rooms, including the project room. It has desks, computers, a printer, TVs, and white boards to facilitate working and studying.

Credit: Kylie Cooper

The Quaker Kitchen, also on the first floor, is a spacious area designed for cooking education and demonstrations.

Credit: Kylie Cooper

At the entrance of each suite is a living room equipped with a couch, chairs, and tables.

Credit: Kylie Cooper

All bedrooms have a twin XL bed, a large closet, a desk, and storage drawers.

Credit: Kylie Cooper

The main club lounge on the second floor is a casual shared space that includes a large couch and a kitchen.

Credit: Kylie Cooper

At the center of NCHW is a courtyard that has a rain garden and plenty of seating.

Credit: Kylie Cooper

Café West is a coffee bar and can be found at the entrance of NCHW.

Credit: Kylie Cooper An expansive view of the Philadelphia skyline and Penn's campus can be seen from the 13th floor.

An expansive view of Penn's campus and the Philadelphia skyline can be seen from the 13th floor.

Credit: Kylie Cooper

The fitness center, located on the second floor, offers various exercise equipment.

Credit: Kylie Cooper

All residents may do their laundry in the laundry room, which is located on the second floor.

Credit: Kylie Cooper

NCHW, as seen from its south side.

Find more photos of NCHW below by clicking through the gallery.

Assignments Editor Hannah Gross contributed reporting.