crime-report
Credit: Sophia Dai

Fraud:

Oct. 19: The complainant reports unauthorized charge on his credit card. The incident was reported at Huntsman Hall at about 7:16 p.m.

DUI:

Oct. 20: Police observed the suspect asleep in the driver's seat of a car with the keys in the ignition. Police then found the suspect to have slurred speech and be unsteady on his feet. The incident occurred on the 3700 block of Market Street at about 2:28 a.m. The 25-year-old unaffiliated male suspect, Shaaquan Brown, was arrested.

Defiant Trespass:

Oct. 21: The complainant reported that the suspect did not have a valid reason for being on the property and had been asked to leave. Upon investigation, the suspect was found to have an outstanding warrant and was arrested. The incident occurred at Penn Presbyterian Medical Center, located at 51 N 39th St., at about 7:39 a.m. The 42-year-old unaffiliated male suspect, Derek Mickens, was arrested.

Indecent Assault:

Oct. 22: The complainant reported that a suspect rode by on his bike and struck the complainant in the buttocks. The incident occurred on the 4100 block of Pine Street at about 4:43 p.m. The juvenile suspect was arrested.

Auto Theft:

Oct. 23: The complainant reported that his vehicle had been parked on the 3600 block of Ludlow Street, but it was gone when he returned. The incident occurred at about 8 p.m.

Fire incident:

Oct. 24: A plastic spoon melted on the hot stove and caused smoke at Rodin College House at about 1:30 a.m. The Philadelphia Fire Department, Penn Police, Fire and Emergency Services, and Facilities and Real Estate Services responded. The Philadelphia Fire Department cleared the building of smoke and allowed occupants to return.

Oct. 24: Burned food caused smoke and triggered the smoke alarm at 3914 Spruce St. at about 7:16 p.m. The Philadelphia Fire Department, Penn Police, and Fire and Emergency Services responded. The Philadelphia Fire Department cleared the building of smoke and allowed occupants to return.

Theft from Building:

Oct. 18: The complainant reported that his package was removed from the lobby of LUNA on Pine, located at 400 S. 40th St., at about 12 p.m.

Oct. 20: The complainant reported that his cell phone was missing after he left it unattended in a building. The incident occurred at 3817 Walnut St. at about 1:07 p.m.

Oct. 21: The complaint reported that his package was delivered to the package room. However, the box had been opened and its contents were gone when he arrived. The incident occurred at LUNA on Pine at about 2:29 p.m.

Purse Snatch:

Oct. 23: The complainant reported that an unknown suspect took her SEPTA card from around her neck. The incident occurred at the intersection of 40th and Market streets at about 5:02 p.m.

Oct. 23: The complainant reported that her unattended laptop was missing from the cafeteria at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, located at 3400 Spruce St., at about 12:45 p.m.

Oct. 24: The complainant reported that she set her phone down and turned away, but when she turned around it was gone. The incident occurred at Blarney Stone, located at 3929 Sansom St. at about 11:09 p.m.

Bike Theft:

Oct. 24: A Division of Public Safety bait bike was secured at 33rd and Smith Walk. The offender took the bike and was apprehended while fleeing on the stolen bike at about 7:54 p.m. The juvenile suspect was arrested.

Theft All Other:

Oct. 24: The complainant reported that an unknown suspect took his wallet from his pocket. The incident occurred at the intersection of 33rd and Market streets at about 3:07 a.m.