DPPOW_Rosenzweig
Credit: Son Nguyen

Down 7-2 against unranked Brown, things were not looking good for No. 7 Penn women’s lacrosse to say the least. 

That is until the Quakers went on a massive run to down the Bears by a score of 16-10. 

Leading the charge for the Red and Blue (8-1, 2-0 Ivy) was sophomore attacker Gabby Rosenzweig, who demonstrated once again why she’s the most dangerous option on a potent Penn offense.

The star sophomore, who leads the team with 30 goals and 18 assists on the year, absolutely blitzed the Brown defense to the tune of four goals and five helpers. 

With nine points, Rosenzweig set a new career-high for a single game, which is saying something considering that her career production is nearly unmatched throughout Penn women’s lacrosse history. 

Her 48 points this season already place her 19th on the Quakers all-time single-season scoring list, and she still has at least six games (probably more when factoring in tournament play) left to add to that total.

Credit: Lucy Ferry

Son Nguyen | Staff Photographer

Considering that she’s produced an average of 5.33 points-per-game so far this year, Rosenzweig is well on her way to dethroning Nina Corcoran to become the new Penn record holder for points in a single season.

Of course, all individual records are secondary to team success, but the Penn offense goes as Rosenzweig goes, so her chance at the record books and the team’s chances at an Ivy League championship and beyond might be intertwined. 

For the above aspirations to become reality, expect Rosenzweig to win a few more DP Sports Player of the Week awards before the season ends.