Credit: Nate Redding

Are you struggling to sublet your room while you’re away over the summer? Visit Pennlets to post your listing in five easy steps. 

Head to pennlets.com to get started.

1. Once you get to the Pennlets website, click on the “POST AN AD” button at the top of the webpage.
  2. Log in to your your account or create a new one. Keep in mind that you must have a “upenn.edu” email address to post a listing.  
  3. Choose the subletting option and fill out the form with information about your property. Make sure you include as much detail as possible in order to attract a high volume of prospective renters.
  4. When you submit your details, review your listing and input options for payment.
  5. Once your listing is published, make sure you are able to find it on the Pennlets website. 

Follow these tips to ensure an effective listing: 

• Detailed listings usually attract more interest. Adding 3-4 photos to your description will generate more interest in your property.
  • Basic listings are free, but you can promote them to the "Featured Listings" rotation at the top of the webpage for $30. To do this, simply check the box labelled "Featured Listing $30" at the bottom of the details form. This is likely to attract more users to your property. Featured listings also appear at the top of search results to maximize your chances of being seen.
  • Tag your listing with buzzwords like “furnished,” “summer,” and “walking distance” to lead more people to the listing. 

When subletting, always be careful to avoid scammers.

All comments eligible for publication in Daily Pennsylvanian, Inc. publications.