50426_whartono

Murray Greenberg, a 1948 Wharton graduate, served as first assistant county attorney for Miami-Dade County during the 2000 election recount and Bush v. Gore lawsuit. He died on Dec. 31 at 73 after a long battle with lymphoma, according to the Miami Herald.

Greenberg worked in Miami-Dade County for 33 years, initially first->initially as first assistant county attorney before becoming  County Attorney. He was considered a source of authority on the County Charter, which he helped shape.

Greenberg is remembered by his colleagues for his work ethic and distinct character.

“He was a ferocious advocate for the public interest,” Greenberg’s long-time coworker County Attorney Bob Ginsburg told the Miami Herald. “Murray was unequivocal in his opinions even when it wasn’t what I wanted to hear. His personality was unique, including his witty sense of humor.”

1990 Wharton graduate Wifredo Ferrer worked under Greenberg and told the Herald that the fellow Wharton graduate had been “my friend, my confidante and my mentor.”

The Greenberg family asked for donations to be made to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in his memory.

The Miami Herald reported that Greenberg also attended attend->attended Penn Law, but his Quakernet page only lists him as a Wharton graduate.