crime

The first UPennAlert sent during Spring Fling concerned an affiliated woman who reported a man attempting to follow her into her building. 

Assault:

March 26: At 10:15 p.m., an affiliated 57-year-old woman reported that a man grabbed her by the neck at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. She reported that he then threw her against the wall. Police later arrested the unaffiliated 52-year-old man.

March 29: At 2:58 p.m., an unaffiliated 24-year-old woman got into a verbal altercation with an unaffiliated 25-year-old man who threw her to the ground at the intersection of 40th and Baltimore streets. Police later arrested the man.

March 29: At 12:21 a.m., an unaffiliated 34-year-old man at Copabanana reported that someone struck him with a closed fist and bit his arm after refusing to leave the restaurant. No arrest was made.

Burglary:

March 27: At 3:18 p.m., an affiliated 20-year-old man reported a theft from the Pi Kappa Alpha house on Spruce Street near 39th. No arrest was made. 

Disorderly Conduct:

March 25: At 2:04 a.m., police observed an unaffiliated 25-year-old man yelling and cursing at the intersection of 40th and Chestnut streets. The man had a strong smell of alcohol on his breath and attempted to kick police officers. Police then arrested and cited him.

Fraud:

March 31: At 3:24 p.m., an affiliated 21-year-old woman at Hamilton Court Apartments reported that she had purchased concert tickets online and never received them. 

March 31: At 9:04 p.m., an affiliated 22-year-old woman reported giving her Social Security number to someone she did not know while applying for a job on the internet. She then realized there were unauthorized purchases on her credit card and that someone had used her email.

Other Offense:

March 27: At 11:34 p.m., police stopped an unaffiliated 41-year-old man for a disturbance at the intersection of 42nd and Walnut streets. The man was discovered to have an outstanding warrant and was arrested.

March 29: At 3:25 p.m., an affiliated 26-year-old woman reported receiving a threatening phone call from someone she knew. No arrest was made. 

March 31: At 11:15 a.m., police observed an unaffiliated 22-year-old man and an unaffiliated 24-year-old man with what appeared to be packages of marijuana. Police then cited and arrested the two for possession of suspected marijuana on the corner of 40th and Spruce streets.

Robbery:

March 25: At 9:34 p.m., five minors surrounded an affiliated 22-year-old woman at the corner of 42nd and Pine streets. One of the kids grabbed an item from her hands and fled. Police put the kids into custody. The woman was not injured. 

March 25: At 7:04 p.m., an affiliated 81-year-old man reported that a suspect rang his doorbell and claimed he had a package belonging to this suspect. The suspect picked up the UPS package on the man’s floor inside his home, addressed to the man, and ran away.

Theft:

Bike: 1

Retail: 1

Theft from Building: 4

Theft All Other: 2