crimelog

DP File Photo

Assault:

April 8: At 5:27 p.m., an unaffiliated 28-year-old woman reported being pushed very hard by a suspect after an argument at McDonald’s. No arrest was made.

April 12: At 1:40 a.m., an unaffiliated 25-year-old man got into an argument with someone, whose gender and age was not given, at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and struck him/her. The man was arrested.

Burglary:

April 11: At 6:00 a.m., an unaffiliated 38-year-old man reported finding a cash register at the Blarney Stone forced open and money missing. 

Fraud:

April 9: At 10:10 a.m., an affiliated 20-year-old woman reported receiving a phone call from someone she did not know claiming to be holding her family members hostage and requesting money for their release. The woman wired money to this person. After her family was found to be safe, the woman discovered the call was a scam. No arrest was made.

April 14: At 5:33 p.m., an unaffiliated 54-year-old man tried to make a fraudulent bank withdrawal at PNC Bank. He was arrested.

Liquor Law:

April 14: At 8:40 p.m., an affiliated 20-year-old man was also observed at 43rd and Chestnut streets, holding an open bottle of alcohol. He had an odor of alcohol and was under the legal drinking age. He was then cited for underage drinking.

April 14: At 9:30 p.m., an affiliated 20-year-old man was observed on the 200 block of S. 40th Street holding an open bottle of alcohol. He had an odor of alcohol and was under the legal drinking age. He was then cited for underage drinking.

April 14: At 9:43 p.m., two unaffiliated 20-year-old men were observed on 40th and Spruce streets, holding open bottles of alcohol. They had an odor of alcohol and were under the legal drinking age. They were then cited for underage drinking.

Other Offense:

April 11: At 3:55 p.m., an unaffiliated 29-year-old man was stopped for investigation of possible theft on the 2000 block of S. 34th Street. He was found to have an outstanding warrant and was arrested.

Sex Offense:

Confidential

Theft:

Bike: 5

Theft All Other: 2

From Building: 6