The Union of White Cornell Students has announced plans to issue demands to the Cornell University administration, host a speaker series and organize a march of white students.

In an interview with the Cornell Sun, two students representing the union characterized themselves as a “civil rights group” with over 140 members. The students did not reveal their identities, citing concern for their safety.

“I am anonymous right now because I am afraid of my fellow students and the direction they are going,” one student said. “Some of these folks are a little too motivated to be aggressive towards white people.”

According to the union’s Facebook page, one of the group’s aims is to counter the demands the Black Student Union (BSU) delivered to the Cornell Administration last year, which included requiring all students to take coursework in "systems of power and privilege" and increase the number of black therapists on campus.

Present me metrics on… how [black therapists] would understand your plight in a different way,” one of the group’s representatives said. “We want BSU disbanded and more fair dialogue about the issue of race.”

The union has received a $500 grant and logistical support from The Daily Stormer, a national white supremacist group.

The union claims that many students have reached out in support of their group. “Even if they don’t support white activism they do believe that the concerns that we have are legitimate,” said one student.

For its part, the Cornell Black Student Union dismissed its white counterpart. “Until members of the Union of White Cornell Students reveal themselves, their opinions about our demands, our organization and our race are not of consequence,” a BSU representative said.