Students at University of California, Berkeley may miss out on hearing the Clintons speak while the University of California faces its second complaint of unfair labor practices.

The California Public Employment Relations Board issued the complaint on Feb. 12 on behalf of American Federation State, County and Municipal Employees Local 3299 union. The union stated the UC did not properly notify them before extending or renewing contracts with individual contractors, according to The Daily Bruin.

Several elected officials and public figures have refused to speak at UC Berkeley after AFSCME Local 3299 asked potential speakers to boycott the invitations. The union has asked former President Bill Clinton and his daughter Chelsea Clinton to cancel their appearance in April.

In January, PERB issued a complaint against the UC for unlawfully retaliating against contracted workers at UC San Francisco. The workers tried to collectively organize and seek employment from the UC after receiving wage cuts.

The UC has worked with subcontractors with past allegations of violating labor laws, Todd Stenhouse, spokesperson for AFSME Local 3299 said. The Department of Labor is conducting a federal investigation on UC contractor Performance First Building Services for wage theft and payroll fraud.