img_2470

Carole Weinheim and Samuel Karsch graduated from the class of 1959 and 1956, respectively. 

Names: Carole Weinheim (ED’59, GED'78) and Samuel Karsch (W’56, L'59)

Residence: Philadelphia, Pa.

Years Married: 57

Children: 3

Early days:

Carole: “My husband needed a date, and [one of my girlfriends] gave him a few names. His sister suggested to him that he call me. We took piano lessons together, I was a nice girl, and he called me for that blind date."

Additions:

Carole: “I fell in love at first sight, but he took longer," she said.

Names: Abby Bechler (NU'88, GNU'93) and Robert Karsch (C'85, M'89)

Residence: Atlanta, Ga.

Years Married: 26

Children: 2

Early days:

Abby: “I lived in an off-campus house with his younger brother, and that’s how we met. He was helping his younger brother move in the day I was moving in.”

Additions:

Abby: “He graduated medical school in 1989, on a Monday, and we got married the following weekend.”

Names: Jan Sigmon (C’82) and Andrew Dworkin (C’81)

Residence: New York, N.Y.

Years Married: 26

Children: 3

Early days:

Jan: “We really liked each other, and we had a number of friends in common. After that first date, we started hanging out more and more."

Additions:

Jan: “My husband and I really loved Penn… We’ve always gone to Penn games, we go to homecoming. I think [our children] realized, as they started to explore all the universities ... [Penn] really did have it all.”

Names: Hilary Sigmon (HUP'72, CGS'73) and Andy Goldstein (C’72)

Residence: Maryland

Years Married: 39

Children: 2

Early days:

Hilary: “I think I asked him to marry me; it was a mutual good decision because we were in the same place at the same time, and we were together for a long time”

Additions:

Hilary: “We’ve been fans [of Penn] forever. I can’t think of a better place for my family for education as well as socialization.”