yale_ivy_admin

Despite Penn President Amy Gutmann’s pay boost this year, which landed her salary near the top of the Ivy League, most Penn administrators earned salaries closer to those of their Ivy peers, according to recently filed tax data.

Gutmann, whose salary increased by 21 percent since the previous year, was paid $3,426,106. The only Ivy League president to earn more, Columbia President Lee C. Bollinger, made $4,641,420.

Provost Vincent Price, whose salary was $880,713, earned more than the provosts at Columbia, Yale, Princeton, Dartmouth, Brown and Cornell. Tax data for Harvard administrators was not available by time of publication.

Vice President for Facilities and Real Estate Anne Papageorge’s salary was $500,061, more than the facilities directors at Columbia, Yale, Princeton and Brown. Similarly, Senior Vice President and General Counsel Wendy White’s salary of $843,301 topped those of the general counsel at Columbia, Yale, Princeton, Dartmouth and Cornell.

Several Penn administrators, including Vice President and Secretary Leslie Laird Kruhly, Chief Investment Officer Peter Ammon, Vice President for Human Resources John Heuer and Vice Provost for Research Dawn Bonnell, received compensation packages that compared closely with corresponding administrators across the Ivy League.