centerpiece
PHILADELPHIA, PA - JANUARY 18: Penn eat Villanova 24-13 at Villanova Stadium September 24, 2015 in Villanova, Pennsylvania. (Photo by Drew Hallowell) Credit: Courtesy of Penn Athletics , Drew Hallowell

With football season right around the corner, it's time to turn the clock back to a 2010 milestone. Five years ago this week, Penn became the tenth team in college football to reach 800 program wins. 

Reaching that record in its 133rd year, Penn made the list as the ninth quickest member, beating only Harvard. Tennessee, Southern California, and Princeton have also reached 800 wins since 2010. 

Penn football currently holds the NCAA record for most games played, 1,333; and sits at 825 wins going in its 138th year. The 2010-2011 year was excellent for Penn, with only a single loss against Villanova. For the first time in 104 years, the Quakers defeated Villanova this week, making national headlines.

This was a stark contrast to last year's season, which held only two wins for the Quakes. Coach Ray Priore has expressed his hopes that this year's team will be the one to turn Penn football around, and bring the program back to powerhouse seasons.

This season's home opener will be played on October 3rd against Dartmouth. Penn's last game against Dartmouth was played in New Haven, with the Red and Blue falling, 31-13. Now we'll see if the home field advantage will give Penn a win this time around.