University of Virginia’s associate dean of students, Nicole Eramo, has publicly denounced the now-retracted Rolling Stone article detailing an alleged gang rape that took place in a UVA fraternity house. The article was initially published in December of 2014, but after major inaccuracies were revealed in the story provided to Rolling Stone by the woman who claimed to have been raped, identified only as Jackie, the magazine officially retracted the article in April.

Eramo worked with student survivors of sexual assault at UVA, and the article classified her as indifferent to the rape that supposedly took place. Rolling Stones described UVA’s inaction to the Jackie's story, blasting the school and its administration. In a letter she wrote to Rolling Stone, Eramo notes that she immediately met with Jackie and arranged for her to meet with police detectives about her rape allegations.

Eramo criticized Rolling Stone’s journalism practices, saying that the article was “simply too enticing not to publish” and that “UVA, its administration, and its students were too easily painted as callous victims for Rolling Stone to be burdened by the facts.” She also described death and rape threats that she received as a result of the article’s publication.

You can more about the story and Eramo’s letter to Rolling Stone at The Washington Post.