whartondean

Wharton Dean Geoffrey Garret will be going on a world tour in 2015.

Credit: Amanda Suarez

Move over, Taylor Swift. Wharton Dean Geoffrey Garrett will also be going on a world tour in 2015.

The tour will be an opportunity for Garrett to engage with Wharton and Penn alumni around the world. At the tour’s events, Garrett will lay out his plans for his deanship at Wharton and hold open discussions with featured alumni guests.

“I am looking forward to meeting as many alumni as I can in the next few months, to introduce myself, listen to our alumni all over the world and allow those conversations to help shape how I look at the path of the Wharton School in the coming years,” Garrett said via email.

Garrett’s tour will kick off on Jan. 12, 2015 at the Four Seasons Hong Kong. Joining Garrett in Hong Kong will be 1989 Wharton MBA graduate Chang Sun, who is chairman of the Asia Pacific arm of private equity firm Warburg Pincus LLC, as well as 1990 Wharton Ph.D. graduate Gang Yu, co-founder and chairman of Yiahodan, an online Chinese grocer.

In addition to Hong Kong, stops have been announced for Philadelphia on Jan. 28, New York on Feb. 10, London on March 4, Miami on April 27, San Francisco on May 4 and Seoul on June 10.

“We have started with a few cities and will continue to add more throughout 2015-16,” Garrett said.

In his five months as dean, Garrett has already been around the world on Wharton’s behalf. He has met with alumni in cities that have included Beijing, Shanghai, London, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur.