11142014_wbasketballvtenne_copy
W. Basketball vs. Tennessee Credit: Riley Steele , Riley Steele

It's that crazy transition season between fall and winter sports, so Penn had plenty of games to play this weekend.  Roadtrips to Tennessee, inspired performances in a coach's final home game, and an overtime thriller.  This weekend had everything.  Miss out on what happened?  Don't worry, we've got you covered.

1. We took the long drive down to Knoxville, and watched a young Penn women's basketball team fall to No. 4 Tennessee.
  2. The loss wasn't much of a surprise, because the Ivy League doesn't have athletes like the SEC.  Columnist Holden McGinnis saw plenty for the Quakers to build on.
  3. Penn football played hard against Harvard in Al Bagnoli's final home game, but despite our best social media efforts, they couldn't #beatharvard.
  4. But don't worry.  Despite the loss, Penn put together an inspired effort to send out coach Bagnoli, according to columnist Seamus Powers.
  5. Not to be overshadowed in the excitement department, Penn basketball missed out on some late opportunities and fell to Delaware State in overtime.
  6. Columnist Colin Henderson had some deja vu watching Penn basketball, but in the end there's plenty of new aspects to the Quakers this year.
  7. Later that night, Penn men's soccer closed out its season against Harvard and fell late to the Crimson.
  8. Penn volleyball traveled north and faced off against Yale and Brown, but couldn't come up with a win as they closed their season.
  9. But don't worry, it wasn't all doom and gloom for the Quakers.  Penn XC came up sixth in both men's and women's regionals and junior Thomas Awad placed third individually.