wedge
Credit: RP , Courtesy of Joshua Lyons

A new scheduling app may soon be wedging its way onto your iPhone homescreen.

Wedge, an app launching exclusively on Penn’s campus in the upcoming weeks, aims to make the hectic schedules of clubs, classes and sports manageable with the swipe of a finger.

said. “You can send a calendar invite for a certain time, or for a range of times, and the process is very quick.”

Users can create events by clicking a time on the large clock featured on the interface of the app, rather than scrolling through a long list of dates and times that slows down the scheduling process.

and Wharton 2013 graduate Luther Zhao — observed the busy schedules of college students, like those on Penn’s campus. Wedge addresses these problems, Lyons said, in a faster and more casual style than other similar scheduling apps.

“The app is designed for Penn,” Lyons said. “We’re launching only at Penn right now and Penn was kind of what we had in mind all along when we designed and built the app”.

, often looking to them for feedback on the app.

And the app continues to evolve based on the student suggestions the team receives.

“We were actually visiting the Penn campus this past weekend and there was one piece of feedback that we got from the president of one of the clubs on campus,” Lyons said — a privacy feature that prevents users from seeing who is invited to a particular event.

“We actually added that in just in the last couple of days,” he said.