Crime Log: July 4 - July 10

Last week's crimes included a fire incident, fraud and a DUI

Fire Incident:

July 6, 2014: A residential fire was reported at the apartment building Chestnut Hall on 3900 Chestnut St. around 8:30 p.m. A full evacuation occurred and the Philadelphia Fire Department, Penn Fire Department and the Fire and Emergency Services Department responded. No injuries were reported.

DUI:

July 4, 2014: A 30-year-old unaffiliated male was arrested at the intersection of 34th and Chestnut streets around 1:45 a.m. when he disregarded a steady red light. Police observed a smell of alcohol and that the suspect had blood shot eyes and was unable to follow the officers’ directions.

Narcotic:

July 5, 2014: A juvenile and an 18-year-old unaffiliated male were arrested when police observed them attempting to cut a bike lock on the 4000 block of Locust Street around 2:45 p.m. One of the males had a plastic bag allegedly containing marijuana.

Fraud:

July 8, 2014: Unauthorized credit card purchases and money transfers were made at 3417 Spruce St., reported around 10:45 a.m.

July 9, 2014: A 31-year-old affiliated male reporting around 1:45 p.m. receiving a fraudulent check for a deposit on a room for rent on the 4000 block of Locust Street.

Other offense:

July 10, 2014: A 55-year-old unaffiliated male was stopped for investigation at the intersection of 41st and Baltimore around 4:00 p.m. and subsequently arrested after he was found to have an outstanding warrant.

Theft:

Theft from building: 3

Bike theft: 3

Retail theft: 1

Get news delivered to your inbox every day. Sign up for the DP Email Edition.

Discussion