06112014_taphouse476
Tap House Pictures Credit: Luke Chen , Luke Chen

City Tap House customers from Center City won’t have to rely on cabs for much longer — this September, a new location will open at 2 Logan Square.

City Tap House Logan Square will replace an American pub- style restaurant called Public House due to the Public House Investments team’s decision to transform the space. Public House will close its doors on July 5 after dinner service.

“This project is the culmination of months of exhaustive research, asking loyal customers for feedback and suggestions...” co-owner Gary Cardi said in a press release.

Cardi, who recently opened a highly successful City Tap House in Washington, D.C., said that “City Tap House began as [his] dream bar.” He is “very proud“ to announce the second location in Philadelphia.

Managing partner of City Tap House Andy Farrell said that the brand wants to “take a neighborhood bar approach while still delivering what could be appreciated citywide.”

Most Penn students know and love City Tap House, a restaurant and craft beer bar located at 39th and Walnut Street. Commonly referred to as just “Tap,” the restaurant boasts five stone fire pits and a 120-seat rustic dining room.

Farrell — who has been involved with D.C.’s new City Tap House — plans to be “very, very involved” with the Center City bar and restaurant. He is excited to see what the new location in Philadelphia will do for the brand.

The new location will be built in the same style as the University City Tap House, featuring reclaimed lumber, steel and copper accents. The restaurant will continue to be a haven for beer lovers, with its wide selection of rare ales and lagers.

“The overriding principle of City Tap House is making it approachable and fun... for the masses,” Farrell said, adding that there will be some “slight differences” between the University City and Center City locations. He noted that the University City community has embraced the bar and contributed to its success and “[the] ability to grow the brand.”

Although the bar soon won’t be the only City Tap House in Philadelphia, Farrell said that the 39th and Walnut location will “always be special.”