Crime Log: May 16 - May 22

Crimes include one DUI, one assault, and one burglary

Burglary:

May 20, 2014: An unaffiliated male reported at about 5:00 p.m. that the front door was forced open and the fireplace mantle was removed from the premises.

Assault:

May 20, 2014: An affiliated 21-year-old female was treating a patient at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania at about 12:00 p.m. when he choked her and then punched her left cheek.

Other Offense:

May 16, 2014: An unaffiliated 53-year-old female trespassed in a private event at Meyerson Hall at 8:37 p.m. after she was told not to enter. She was subsequently arrested.

May 19, 2014: An unaffiliated 28-year-old male was observed selling candy in front of the Arch on Locust Walk at 1:17 p.m., after being told he is not permitted to do so. The suspect was then arrested for trespassing.

Weapons:

May 17, 2014: Suspects were found carrying firearms at 12:51 a.m. after being stopped for investigation. Suspects were subsequently cleared.

DUI:

May 20, 2014: An unaffiliated 19-year-old male was arrested after he was seen driving in reverse the wrong way on 3000 Chestnut Street, a one way street, at 11:09 p.m. Police noticed the suspect smelled of alcohol and slurred his speech after he was stopped for investigation. 

Robbery:

May 19, 2014:  A robbery occurred at 8:00 p.m. at 3900 Ludlow St.

Sex Offense:

May 20, 2014: A confidential indecent assault was reported on the 3700 block of Spruce Street. 

Harassment:

May 21, 2014: An affiliated 41-year-old male working at the Annenberg Center (3680 Walnut St.) received a harassing phone call at 4:09 p.m. from a customer requesting a refund check.

Theft:

Theft from building: 8

Retail theft: 2

Purse Snatch: 1

Other theft: 2

Arrests from theft:

May 19, 2014: An unaffiliated 31-year-old male was arrested in connection with a theft from the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. The same male was arrested for a theft from HUP that occurred on May 16.

May 20, 2014: An unaffiliated 48-year-old male was arrested in connection with a retail theft at Fresh Grocer.

Get news delivered to your inbox every day. Sign up for the DP Email Edition.

Discussion