04082014_softball123
Softball vs Cornell Credit: Christina Prudencio , Christina Prudencio

This is a pretty hectic weekend for Penn Athletics.

Penn women’s lacrosse is going for a share of its eighth straight Ivy League title . Softball is trying to get to its third consecutive Ivy League Championship series.

Men’s lacrosse looks to position itself for an NCAA run. Baseball vies for its first division title in seven years. Rowing takes on Harvard and Yale on the Schuylkill .

And if that wasn’t enough for you, there’s this little thing called the Penn Relays that they’ve been running for the last 120 years.

All of that adds up to one of the best times of year to be right around 33rd street.

Of course, some of those squads will be away from the friendly confines of campus but nonetheless, it seems that Penn Athletics has hit the jackpot this spring. There is an air of positivity around each of the spring sports and a fantastic opportunity to show off an aging gem of a structure with the 120th Penn Relays at Franklin Field.

Spring hasn’t always been the best time of year for Penn. Last year, softball and women’s lacrosse went on impressive runs to Ivy titles and NCAA appearances, but baseball fell flat in division play, losing the majority of its games down the stretch on the way to coach John Cole’s firing . And men’s lacrosse struggled, falling short of the NCAA Tournament.

But under the tutelage of John Yurkow and Mike Murphy , respectively, Penn baseball and men’s lacrosse may be the two best positioned teams of any spring sport behind some veteran leadership that has taken the extra step to greatness.

And with all of this success, it’s time for Penn’s campus to get involved.

While women’s lacrosse will be up in Ithaca for a date with Cornell and men’s lacrosse will be in Radnor, Pa., there are opportunities to see each of the other teams in action.

After all, Penn baseball and softball will be playing their final regular season home games, so it will be the last chance for a senior class to take the field in University City (outside of possible postseason play).

So check out Meiklejohn Stadium on Friday afternoon after classes and watch the Quakers go toe-to-toe with a top-notch competitor in defending Ivy champion Columbia. Is there much better to do when the sun is out than catch a ball game, let alone one with people you know?

And if you aren’t inclined to make the long march to Meiklejohn, why not go to Penn Park and see defending Ivy champion Penn take on the Lions? Behind junior Alexis Borden , the Quakers may make the NCAA Tournament once again.

But the crown jewel of the weekend is of course Penn Relays. From morning until night from Thursday to Saturday, the top runners throughout the country will pack into Franklin Field with a show that rivals David Guetta.

Here’s your opportunity to enjoy Penn Athletics at its best. Enjoy the craziness .