As the Social Planning and Events Committee reveals the final details for this year’s Spring Fling, one of the organization’s sub-committees — SPEC-TRUM — is preparing to bring three of hip hop’s rising stars to campus next month.

SPEC-TRUM announced this week that on April 5 it will be presenting “The Owl Pharoah Beach Honeymoon Concert,” a show featuring hip hop artists Topaz Jones, Travis Scott and TY$.

One of the main reasons that SPEC-TRUM selected this particular trio of musicians was their ability to appeal to a broad range of students with different tastes in music.

“In today’s pop culture, it would be hard to say that things aren’t diving into hip hop in one way or another,” said Wharton senior and SPEC-TRUM Co-Director Evan Booker. “We didn’t want to bring in artists who just appeal to minorities — we wanted artists who have appeal across a wide span of demographics.”

Booker added that SPEC-TRUM usually aims to find up-and-coming musicians who demonstrate that they will “have some value in the future.” This strategy has certainly been a success in previous years — Miguel, The Roots and Kanye West are just a few performers that headlined SPEC-TRUM concerts early on in their careers.

The three acts for SPEC-TRUM’s upcoming event have been displaying their cutting-edge talent as of late: Travis Scott is currently touring with rapper Juicy J, Topaz Jones released his free album “The Honeymoon Suite" on the internet in January and TY$ will be the musical guest on “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon” on Friday night.

Tickets for the SPEC-TRUM concert, which will take place at 7 p.m. in Harrison Auditorium at the University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology, will be available on Locust Walk and online at upennspec.ticketleap.com starting this Monday. Tickets will cost $15 for Penn ID holders and $20 for non-students.