Penn women's basketball seniors | Feed us one last time

20131025em014

Penn women's basketball's senior class has been instrumental in turning around the program, helping to improve the team's win total all four years they've been on campus.

Photo by Courtesy of Penn Athletics

This weekend, like many others, will be spent playing back-to-back games in the Palestra as we defend our spot in first place. Our final season is coming to an end and we wouldn’t want to spend our spring break any other way.

For us four seniors, the memories and wins have been adding up, the number of games are quickly dwindling, but we still have an Ivy League championship in sight. For those who are sticking around for spring break, come see what you have been missing in the Cathedral of College Basketball. Here is a snapshot of us four captains:

Starting with the tallest of the bunch, standing at 6-foot-3, is our team librarian, #50, Courtney Wilson. She can often be found sitting in the locker room, reading her Kindle and eating sour gummy worms. She’s famous for her turnaround jumper and rocking the kneepads. Her alter-ego name is Charlotte.

Next in the lineup is our team mom, #21, Kristen Kody. If you’re looking for her around campus, just stop by Starbucks, Chipotle or Fox Fitness. Due to injury, she has not been spotted on the court this year, but her step-back and fierceness on the boards are legendary. Famous for her sassiness, if you need a quick laugh, find KK on the sidelines in her fashionable gameday attire.

Next up is our record-breaking all-star, #1, Alyssa Baron. A gal of many talents, when she’s not knocking down game winners, she can be found providing entertainment in the form of bus tours and beauty tips. Whether it’s the pregame sour Skittles or sharing of extensive knowledge on pandas, she truly is one of a kind.

Last but not least is our slam-dunk champ, towering at 5-foot-6, #14, Meghan McCullough. Nicknamed after Alan from “The Hangover,” this little Penngineer is known for breaking ankles and dishing out assists. We can always count on her for freshly baked goodies and a good home-cooked meal in the Philly suburbs.

On a more serious note, we want to thank everyone who has made our experience so special and who have supported us these four years. The Twitter love has been very appreciated along with the growing student section. Shout-out to the Penn Band, the best sixth man we could ask for. You make the Palestra come alive!

The Penn women’s basketball program has come a long way and we could not have done it without you. As coach McLaughlin’s first recruiting class, we have witnessed and been a part of the continued success.

Discussion