DUI:

Feb. 28, 2014: A 45-year-old unaffiliated male was pulled over at the intersection of 42nd and Walnut streets. He smelled like alcohol, had slurred speech and could not follow directions. He told the police that he had drunk a few beers, and was arrested for a DUI.

Theft:

Theft from Building: 4

Bike theft: 3

Theft all other: 1

Burglary:

Feb. 27, 2014: An affiliated 20-year-old male returned to his house at 4033 Chancellor Ave. around 12:30 p.m. and found the front door open. After he went to his room and showered, he realized that his cell phone and laptop were missing from his room. There were no signs of forced entry.

Public Drunkenness:

Feb. 27, 2014: A 32-year-old unaffiliated male was interfering with a police investigation on the 400 block of S. 40th St at 9:30 p.m. He smelled like alcohol and had slurred speech. He was given a citation for public drunkenness.

Feb. 24, 2014: A 22-year-old unaffiliated male was involved in a disturbance on the highway near the 3800 block of Chestnut Street around 8:30 p.m. He smelled strongly of alcohol, was loud and refused to obey police orders. He was given a citation for public drunkenness.

Other Offense:

Feb. 24, 2014: A 53-year-old unaffiliated male entered the Penn Children’s Center at 3160 Chestnut St. around 10 a.m. and refused to leave. He was given a citation.

Feb. 23, 2014: An affiliated 19-year-old female reported that a male initiated an unwanted conversation with her at the Starbucks at 3401 Walnut St. around 3:30 p.m. He placed his hand on her arm and followed her out of the store. A witness chased the suspect away from her.

Assault:

Feb. 26, 2014: A 67-year-old affiliated male reported being struck several times by a tow truck driver on the 4200 block of Chestnut Street at 3:30 p.m. The tow truck driver disputed the charge and stated the male was physically blocking him from the vehicle. There were visible injuries to both parties.

Fraud:

2/24/2014: A 43-year-old affiliated female reported that she was a victim of internet fraud at the International House (3701 Chestnut Street), claiming that someone wired money from her account to someone she didn’t know.

Feb. 22, 2014: A 27-year-old unaffiliated male attempted to cash a check at the TD Bank at 3735 Walnut Street at 2 p.m. The check was found to be fraudulent, and he was arrested.

Disorderly Conduct:

Feb. 24, 2014: Two 18-year-old unaffiliated males were observed in a fistfight inside the Palestra at 8:40 p.m. They were both cited for disorderly conduct.

Vandalism:

Feb. 24, 2014: A 22-year-old unaffiliated male was observed kicking a vehicle on the 3800 block of Chestnut Street at 8:40 p.m. His kicking caused damage to the front headlight, and he was arrested for vandalism.