For Penn’s athletic director search, it’s time to send in applications.

On Tuesday, the website dedicated to the search added a new feature: a description of Penn’s next athletic director.

The job description itself mirrors the discussions in last week’s open forums. Title IX compliance, active participation in the Ivy League and the management of the Department of Recreation were included in the job’s ‘Duties and Responsibilities’ after staff members brought those topics up last Tuesday.

At the end of the job description, the website specifies that applications are due by March 3, which means that Penn is two weeks from finishing the next aspect of its search.

The release of the job description is a sign that the first part of the search for Steve Bilsky’s replacement is over. The committee in charge of finding Penn’s next AD hoped to use last week’s open forums, among other meetings, to help establish exactly what the new AD’s job will entail.

With the end of that phase of the search, the information coming out of Penn’s 14-member committee will significantly decrease. Provost Vincent Price, co-chair of the committee along with Vice President Craig Carnaroli , has emphasized that the next section of the search - ­pinpointing and interviewing candidates - will remain completely confidential.

With applications coming in, the role of the consultant, Daniel Parker of Parker Executive Search, becomes more prevalent. Parker’s contact information is included with the job description and PES will likely take over the day-to-day work involved with the applications.

When this application process comes to a close in early March, the final step of narrowing the list of candidates and bringing in the eventual finalists for interviews will begin, setting the stage for a new Athletic Director to be installed soon after.