10844934206_9a21f6a0ee_b

A theft was reported at Sigma Delta Tau house on Tuesday. There was no sign of forced entry, according to the Division of Public Safety.

Credit: Luke Chen

A substantial amount of money was stolen from the Sigma Delta Tau house on 3833 Walnut St. sometime between Dec. 18, 2013 and Jan. 12, 2014.

An unknown person entered the female complainant’s secured room and took money, according to the Division of Public Safety. There were no signs of a forced entry. DPS declined to comment further, including as to whether or not members of SDT are suspected, as the investigation is ongoing.

College senior Sharon Friedlander, SDT chapter president, said that a theft such as the one that was reported Tuesday has never happened at the SDT house before. She does not believe that the occurrence was the result of an error on any of the members’ parts.

In spite of the reported incident, Friedlander said that the residents of the SDT house do not feel that their safety is currently at risk. “This has nothing to do with our security,” she said. “This happened over break.”

Related: Overall crime jumps from last year

Friedlander added that SDT is “working to figure out exactly what happened and who is responsible” as Penn detectives continue to investigate the situation.