Crime Log for the Week of Nov. 15 to Nov. 21, 2013

Theft

Retail Theft: 2

Bike Theft: 4

Theft from Building: 3

All other thefts: 2

Arrests from Thefts

Nov. 18, 2013: A 46-year-old unaffiliated male and a 51-year-old unaffiliated male were arrested in relation to a theft under the category of “Theft All Other.”

Liquor Law

Nov. 21, 2013: An 18-year-old unaffiliated male was observed fighting and causing a disturbance on the highway at the intersection of 39th and Sansom streets at 1:15 a.m. He was found to be intoxicated and underage and was subsequently arrested.

Nov. 21, 2013: A 20-year-old unaffiliated male was seen at the intersection of 39th and Chestnut streets pulling on a secured bike at 1:30 a.m. The police found that he was intoxicated and underage and he was subsequently arrested.

Fraud

Nov. 20, 2013: A 22-year-old unaffiliated male reported that a suspect took his vehicle from the High Tech Car Wash (4131 Chestnut St.) and left premises without rendering payment for an oil change at 4:45 a.m.

Nov. 18, 2013: ?An unaffiliated female reported at 12:00 p.m. the theft of equipment from 4025 Chestnut St. over last 18 months.

Other Offense

Nov. 20, 2013: A 23-year-old unaffiliated male was observed loitering and behaving suspiciously on the 3400 block of Sansom Street at 6:00 p.m. Upon investigation, he was found to be wanted for a probation violation.

Nov. 18, 2013: A 44-year-old unaffiliated male was observed pan handling in front of the Wawa at 3604 Chestnut St. at 6:00 p.m. after numerous warnings not to trespass or pan handle at this location.

Public Urination

Nov. 16, 2013: A 19-year-old affiliated male was observed urinating in public at 251 41st St. at 3:45 p.m. He received a citation.

DUI

Nov. 20, 2013: A 32-year-old unaffiliated male was observed speeding at 40th Street and Baltimore Avenue at 12:30 a.m. and failed to stop for two red lights in a row. He did not stop for the police, which caused an accident while he was fleeing in his vehicle. After the police caught him, they found that he smelled of alcohol and had bloodshot eyes, and he was arrested for a DUI.

Nov. 16, 2013: A 39-year-old unaffiliated female was involved in a motor vehicle accident at the intersection of 39th and Chestnut Streets at 3:30 a.m. and attempted to walk away from the scene. She became irate with the officers on scene and smelled strongly of alcohol.

Fire Incident

Nov. 19, 2013: A 27-year-old affiliated male reported smoke in Sansom East at 8:15 a.m. Upon entering the room, the police observed heavy smoke from food burning on a hot plate. The hot plate was unplugged, the food extinguished and the room was ventilated. Fire and Emergency Services, the University of Pennsylvania Police Department and the Philadelphia Fire Department responded on scene.

Vandalism

Nov. 18, 2013: A 21-year-old affiliated male reported that someone was knocking on the front door of Phi Gamma Delta (3619 Locust Walk) at 12:45 a.m. calling for “Michael”, who then broke the glass of the front window with a brick.

Burglary

Nov. 17, 2013:? A 24-year-old affiliated female reported hearing the rear window break in her apartment at 305 41st St. at 3:00 a.m. She observed a male attempting to enter her apartment; she screamed at him to get out and he then fled.

Nov. 16, 2013: A 21-year-old affiliated male woke up from the noise of two males in his apartment at 4108 Spruce St. at 12L45 a.m., who then fled out of the apartment. He followed them onto the street, where two police officers observed the scene and stopped the suspects. The suspects were found to have the complainant’s belongings on their person and were subsequently arrested for burglary.

Assault

Nov. 17, 2013: A 32-year-old affiliated male stated to the police that he was approached by multiple people at Axis Pizza (20 S. 36th St.) at 3:45 a.m. who asked him for a ride. When the male refused to give them a ride, the suspects punched the complainant.

Aggravated Assault

Nov. 17, 2013: A 21-year-old unaffiliated female stated that while she was at Axis Pizza (20 S. 36th St.) at 3:45 am., she was approached by multiple people who asked her for a ride. When she refused to give them a ride, the suspects punched and kicked her. The woman was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for treatment of her injuries.