Last Thursday on the Fourth of July, while shooting the photographs presented in this issue, I was caught in a stampede that broke out on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway. I was with my younger sister and in the chaos of the moment, fled the scene in a hurry with the thousands of other festival attendees.

With that decision, I left behind my equipment bag that contained not only valuable camera lenses but also many of my personal belongings. Once it was clear that the scene was safe, I returned and searched the Parkway, high and low, to no avail. I quickly accepted the fact that I would not see those items again.

So last Sunday, when two police officers knocked on my door with the camera bag in hand, I was beyond thankful. Officer Capobianchi and Officer Velazquez of the 22nd district had picked up my bag on the night of the stampede and took the time to come to my house to personally return it. I cannot be more grateful for the dedicated work of these two officers and the Philadelphia Police Department on the whole.

I would like to extend a personal thank you to Officers Capobianchi and Velazquez on behalf of myself and The Daily Pennsylvanian.

Amanda Suarez is the photo editor of the Summer Pennsylvanian and a rising College sophomore from Philadelphia, Pa. Her email address is amsuarez@sas.upenn.edu.