I hate the ends of things. I also hate writing about myself. Needless to say, this won’t be my favorite piece of writing I’ve ever done for The Daily Pennsylvanian.

And I’ve done a lot of writing. I’m proud to say I’ve never covered a losing Penn football game — although unfortunately, I can’t say the same about Penn basketball. And who knew I’d end up knowing so much about field hockey?

Just when I started getting used to the long nights at the office and a crazy 4 a.m. sleep schedule, to free — albeit average — nightly pizza (sometimes pickle-flavored!), to Mad Mex Wednesdays and happy hour Thursdays and to a great new group of friends … it’s all changing.

I’m not one for change either. I joke with my mom the fact that I was born a month late reflects my personality. When I get comfortable somewhere, I don’t want to leave. I said the same thing about high school that I’m saying now about college: they’re kicking me out the door — I’m not going voluntarily.

I joined this paper two and a half years ago as a sports fan who may or may not have known much about writing.

I leave it as a writer who may or may not want to keep writing mostly about sports.

Maybe change isn’t always so bad after all.

Many of my peers have advised me against ending with a laundry list of thank yous, but I can’t help it:

To Mom and Dad, for supporting me when I was trying to convince myself I wanted to be an architecture major, and for really supporting me when I realized what I actually wanted to do. You guys have always made it so easy on me to pursue my dreams — I’m surprised when I discover all parents aren’t that way.

To Jules, for agreeing to be my beer pong partner, for your patience and brutal honesty, for realizing the DP also had a back page and of course, for being better than coffee.

To Uncle Jack, for convincing me to just give writing a try, and for truly believing I could write reviews on musicals if I wanted to (which I have to admit I don’t).

To Megan, Alyssa and Sushaan, for putting up with my most nitpicky of edits. We had our differences once in a while, but let’s be real, we had a good time.

To Mike, Allison, Ian, Karl, Steven and John, for picking up the sports section and not missing a beat. And for not making any significant edits to this column.

To Brian, Kevin and especially Cal, for teaching me how to be a reporter.

To Dick Polman, for teaching me how to be a writer.

To Princeton, for rejecting me.

To Penn, for being everything I really wanted.

And to The Daily Pennsylvanian — its staff, alumni and readers, for the better half of those years. Thank you all.

It’s been real.

Mike Wisniewski is a 2013 College graduate from Philadelphia and former sports editor of The Daily Pennsylvanian. After graduation, he will continue working for CSNPhilly.com. He can be reached at mike.wisniewski83@gmail.com.