Crime Log | Oct. 19-Oct. 25

View Crime Log: October 19 – 25 in a larger map

Theft:
On or around campus between Oct. 19 and Oct. 25, there were eight thefts from building, one bike theft with a U-lock, five retail thefts that resulted in four arrests and one other theft.

DUI:
Oct. 23 — An unaffiliated 33-year-old man struck a Penn Police vehicle with his car and fled on foot at the 4000 Block of Locust Street around 11:45 pm. He was arrested for DUI.

Oct. 22 — Police responded to a disturbance at 38th and Spruce Streets around 10:15 p.m. They advised the suspect, an unaffiliated 27-year-old woman, not to drive. She then drove away in vehicle while intoxicated and was arrested.

Oct. 20 — Police responded to a vehicle traveling in the wrong direction on Walnut Street near 42nd Street at around 1:45 a.m. The 25-year-old unaffiliated male driver was identified as intoxicated and was arrested for DUI.

Robbery:
Oct. 21 — An unaffiliated male said two offenders approached him at 40th and Market streets at 7:15 pm. One showed a handgun and told him to empty his pockets. Philadelphia police are currently investigating the case.

Oct. 20 — A 26-year-old female student was approached by an unaffiliated 36-year-old female who demanded her money at 42nd and Chestnut Streets at around 10:30 a.m. The suspect was apprehended and arrested.

Burglary:
Oct. 23 — At 4100 Chestnut Street at around 3 p.m., an unaffiliated 48-year-old male removed a bike from premises without using force. He was arrested.

Oct. 20 — A suspect entered locked premises at Capogiro at 3925 Walnut Street at around 1:15 p.m. and removed money from the register without using force.

Assault:
Oct. 19 — There was a domestic argument at St. Marks Square neat 42nd and Walnut streets at around 9:30 p.m. A man stated he was scratched and slapped in the face by his wife. No charges were filed.

Fraud:
Oct. 21 — An unaffiliated 28-year-old man said his taxi customer fled the vehicle without paying his $10 fare at 39th and Spruce streets at around 12:15 p.m.

Oct. 19 — An unaffiliated 44-year-old man stated a group of people left Copabanana at 40th and Spruce streets at around 11:15 p.m. without paying.

All information provided by the Division of Public Safety.

Get news delivered to your inbox every day. Sign up for the DP Email Edition.

Discussion