This past weekend, sophomore Sol Eskenazi and senior Jules Rodin had the opportunity to test their talents against the best collegiate tennis players in the country.

Though Eskenazi lost both of her singles matches and the pair lost both of their doubles matches in this weekend’s ITA All-American Championships in Los Angeles, Calif., they certainly showed they belonged.

Eskenazi was selected to participate in the qualifying draw for women’s singles. On Tuesday, she dropped her opening round match, 6-2, 6-2, to Lina Lileikite of University of Miami (FL).

The next day, she lost a hard fought match to Cal’s Tayler Davis in the qualifying singles back draw. The score was 2-6, 6-1, 6-2.

After two tough matches in two days, Eskenazi was far from done. She and her doubles partner, Rodin, were one of just 24 teams to make the doubles main draw. In fact, Rodin and Eskenazi were the only Ivy League players to compete in a main draw of the tournament this weekend.

The pair lost a difficult first-round match against Malika Rose and Kanyapat Narattana of Oklahoma State, 8-5. The following day, the Quaker duo was crushed, 8-1, by a strong team from the University of Florida.

Though the Quakers left California without a win, they aren’t coming home with nothing. Eskenazi and Rodin should come home confident that they can compete with any team in the Ivy League, if not any team in the entire country.

Penn sends two to All-American tennis tournament

Freshman Eskenazi wins Ivy and ITA honors

Penn tennis boasts dynamic duo