A man was fatally shot on 40th and Market streets on June 24.

At 1 a.m. on June 24, Penn Police heard gunshots near Parson Street and observed a black man fall in the middle of Market Street. When they arrived at the scene, 25-year-old Jarrel Teague had already been shot multiple times in the arm, chest and neck areas.

Public Safety sent AlliedBarton and Penn Police officers to assist the Philadelphia Police Department at the scene, according to Vice President for Public Safety Maureen Rush.

Teague, unaffiliated with the University and of the 3800 block of Mount Vernon Street, was pronounced dead at HUP at 3:15 a.m.

Philadelphia Police spokeswoman Tanya Little said the culprit has not been captured and PPD is still investigating the case.

A serial robber made his rounds on Friday, stopping at three 7/11 stores — including the 4201 Walnut location.

On June 26, a man unaffiliated with Penn robbed three separate 7/11 locations with an unregistered revolver. The 4201 Walnut store was his second stop, where he robbed $100 from a customer’s hands and about $2000 from the register at around 12:15 a.m., according to Philadelphia Police Lieutenant John Walker.

The Southwest Detectives division of the PPD named the culprit as 18-year-old Kaleel Hinpon of the 5400 block of Trinity Street and connected Hinpon to other robberies committed on June 4 and 13.
Hinpon was arrested on June 27 at 8 a.m. inside a residence at 5970 Springfield Ave.