This is not the Ivy start the women’s tennis team envisioned when the season began.

Over the weekend, the Quakers dropped road matches to No. 27 Yale and No. 53 Brown, 7-0 and 5-2, respectively.

The two losses dropped the Quakers to 5-9 on the season and 0-3 in conference play, marking the fourth consecutive season the Red and the Blue have opened Ivy League play with three straight losses.

The silver lining in Friday’s loss in New Haven, Conn., was Penn’s 8-4 win at No. 1 doubles. The nationally ranked No. 49 doubles pair of freshman Sol Eskenzai and junior Jules Rodin upset a Yale team ranked No. 30. Penn would lose its other two doubles matches, however, to concede the doubles point. Eskenazi was the only singles player to take her match to a full three sets against the Bulldogs.

The following day, Penn’s nationally ranked doubles pair was on the other side of an upset, losing, 8-6, to an unranked Brown duo. Nonetheless, Saturday proved to be a more competitive match, at least on paper, as Penn’s top singles player, Eskenazi, won her singles match in straight sets. The Quakers’ other winner on the day was sophomore Stephanie Do, who rallied to pull out a three-set win after dropping her first set, 6-1.

The Quakers will play conference matches at home for the first time this year, when they host Harvard and Dartmouth on Saturday and Sunday, respectively. Penn will have to take both matches to avoid a losing Ivy record for the season.