In the hot, start-of-summer weather, an array of tables sat on College Green, each promoting a different major from the College of Arts and Sciences. This was College Palooza, an annual fair celebrating the College.

“Because the College is so diverse, it is rare that all the departments come together and celebrate the liberal arts in a comprehensive and cohesive way,” College junior Chloe Sharfin, head of publicity for College Palooza, said in an email.

The fair, which ran from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday, showcased the various majors the College has to offer, including political science and philosophy, politics and economics.

“I think it’s usually more prospective students [who come to the Palooza],” College senior Sarah Morrissey said, “because a lot of the current students have already gone to office hours with their professors or made appointments with advisers.”

Current students might drop by for some free food, but it is mostly prospective students and their parents who are at the Palooza, Morrissey said. “Sometimes they’re still deciding on Penn, so they’re interested in hearing about the different academic programs Penn has to offer … We talk up the major and Penn.”

At the PPE table, visitors could play a game illustrating the prisoners’ dilemma, an example of game theory. Winners won free Dunkin’ Donuts.

A game of “Political Science Jeopardy” sat on the political science table. College senior Eric Rubin, who manned the table, said he noticed that parents of prospective students were often more likely to inquire for their sons and daughters. “I try to direct [my attention] towards the students, but it’s usually the parents who reach out.”

Rubin said he liked political science because “it’s a very expansive major. It has a lot to offer, in terms of classes and in terms of career choices … it teaches a lot of valuable skills.”

Most tables also had pamphlets that explained the majors in further detail.

College Palooza also featured 60-second lectures, where professors gave various spins on their areas of expertise. “Having the 60-second lectures [is] really fun, it’s a really nice energy,” Morrissey said.

College junior Kyle Henson, a Daily Pennsylvanian columnist and Dean’s Advisory Board co-chair, was extremely satisfied with the day’s outcome. “We were really excited to see how many admitted students were able to attend the event via Penn Preview Days, which seems to have given them the unique chance to speak directly with faculty and students within their respective major,” he said. “Also, the weather was great, which is obviously a huge plus.”

College senior Shivani Parikh, another co-chair for the event, agreed. “Many [admitted] students seemed to really enjoy seeing all the departments and groups on the green.”

Alexander Flach, who visited campus yesterday, said he enjoyed the in-person interaction he could have with people that knew a lot about the courses.

He was surprised by how many majors there are in the College. “It’s not something that you really recognize until they all come out and set themselves up like this. And it helps because it means that in choosing a major I’ll make an informed decision.”