Crime Log | June 3 - June 9

· June 16, 2011, 4:33 am   ·  Updated June 16, 2011, 12:00 am

Share This

Theft

June 6 — A woman unaffiliated with the University reported at about 1 p.m. that an unknown suspect removed her unattended wallet from the Penn Presbyterian Medical Center, located at 51 N. 39th St.

June 6 — A woman unaffiliated with the University, 46, reported at about 11:15 p.m. that an offender took her bicycle, secured at the seat, from the 4200 block of Pine Street by removing the seat of the bike.

June 6 — A female employee, 48, reported at about 12:30 p.m. that an unknown suspect removed items from an unsecured desk in Vance Hall.

June 6 — Construction equipment was reported taken at about 7:30 a.m. from the Law School.

June 7 — Joel Bull, 50, unaffiliated with the University and of the 200 block of S. 51st Street, was arrested around 1:45 p.m. for taking merchandise from the Fresh Grocer, located at 4001 Walnut St., without paying.

June 7 — Candace Taylor, 21, unaffiliated with the University and of the 7200 block of Hazel Ave. in Upper Darby, was arrested at around 7:45 p.m. for taking merchandise from American Apparel, located at 3661 Walnut St., without paying.

June 7 — A woman unaffiliated with the University, 46, reported at about 7:15 p.m. that metal grates were removed from the 4200 block of Pine Street.

June 7 — Computer items were reported removed at around 11 a.m. from Leidy Laboratories.

June 8 — William Berry, 46, unaffiliated with the University and of the 400 block of N. 31st Street, was arrested for taking merchandise from the Fresh Grocer at about 10:45 p.m without paying.

June 8 — A woman unaffiliated with the University, 50, reported around 9:30 p.m. that an unknown suspect removed her unattended wallet from the Law School.

June 8 — A female employee, 53, reported at about 8 p.m. that an unknown suspect removed her unattended purse from the Scheie Eye Institute, located at 3400 Spruce Street.

Assault

June 6 — Jason Desalvo, 31, unaffiliated with the University and of the 500 block of N. 41st Street, was arrested around 7 p.m. by Penn Police at the Fresh Grocer for assaulting an officer.

Other Offense

June 8 — Jason Desalvo, 31, unaffiliated with the University and of the 500 block of N. 41st Street, was arrested around 1 p.m. for trespassing at the 3900 block of Walnut Street.

Narcotic

June 7 — Angel Zayas, 36, unaffiliated with the University and of the 3400 block of Frankford Ave., was arrested at about 9 a.m. on the 400 block of University Ave. for possession of narcotics.

June 8 — Derrick Robinson, 18, unaffiliated with the University and of the 4000 block of Market Street, was arrested around 11:15 p.m. on the 4000 block of Market Street for possession of narcotics.

All information provided by the Division of Public Safety