It took eight innings, three pitchers and three home runs, but the Penn softball team downed the neighbor Dragons Wednesday at the Drexel softball field.

The 6-4 win snaps a five-game losing streak to the Dragons (12-22), dating back to 2008.

After a close play at the plate kept senior Alisha Prystowsky from taking the lead for Penn (15-6-1, 6-6 Ivy), who else but freshman workhorse Mikenzie Voves came on in the bottom of the seventh to keep Drexel at bay. She held the game at 6-6, striking out two — both on called third strikes — and allowing one walk in the inning.

In the top of the eighth, Jessica Melendez singled with one out to put the go-ahead run on first. Sophomore Bridget Ellsworth grounded into a fielder’s choice at second and Wednesday’s hero Stephanie Caso stepped to the plate with two outs.

After drawing the count to 2-2, Caso belted a home run — her second of the season — to give Penn the lead, which Voves would protect, striking out another and surrendering just one hit in the bottom of the inning.

Prystowsky and sophomore Brooke Coloma also added homers — both also with two outs — in the third inning.

After the nonconference matinee, the Quakers will now head to Ithaca, N.Y., this weekend for a crucial tilt with Cornell (20-18-1, 7-5), which has a one-game lead over Penn in the South Division.