Disney World is a place of exciting entertainment, classic attractions and beloved characters, but this weekend Magic Kingdom and Epcot won’t be the only place with fireworks.

Tomorrow afternoon, Penn Cheerleading will make its way to Orlando, Fla., to compete in the Universal Cheerleaders Association College Cheerleading and Dance Team National Championship at the ESPN Wide World of Sports complex.

The team, under the direction of coach Joe Neary, will build upon its experience competing last year — the first year Penn Cheerleading appeared in the championships since 1997.

“Last year was a worrying year for us because we hadn’t competed here in so long and we didn’t really know what to expect,” senior captain AJ Gold said. “I think knowing what it’s like to compete and what it takes sets us up at an advantage for this year.”

Last year, the team finished 17th in the co-ed division. This year, the team will compete on Saturday in the all-female division after last year’s male cheerleading duo graduated.

“The boys could help us do stunts and it took less people,” Gold explained. “Now we are going to have 20 people on the mat, instead of 16, but it’s not too different.”

The team will fly into Orlando early Friday morning and practice in the afternoon at the HP Fieldhouse, where they will compete the next day at 1:24 p.m. After completing their two and a half -minute routine, Penn Cheer will have the opportunity to compete later that night if it is named one of ten finalists.

“Watching some of the really good squads [last year] helped us think about what we are capable of and what we want to achieve,” Gold added.