Boasting the best records among Ivy League teams so far this season, the Harvard and Princeton men’s basketball squads have shown why they were picked first and second in the preseason coaches’ poll, respectively.

Princeton, which holds a 5-3 record, has showcased an array of offensive threats.

Sophomore forward Ian Hummer, junior point guard Douglas Davis and senior guard Dan Mavraides have all contributed consistently, each averaging over 14 points per game. This trio has pushed the Tigers to second in the League in scoring offense and first in field goal percentage.

With wins over Big East opponent Rutgers, a top mid-major program in Siena and most recently the Big 5’s St. Joseph’s, Princeton is back to being an Ivy contender, a role it’s familiar with — the Tigers have captured 25 League titles in their history.

The Wright stuff. The story for Harvard (5-2) revolves around the play of junior big man and tri-captain Keith Wright.

Through the Crimson’s first seven games, Wright is averaging 16 points and eight rebounds, and has scored in double figures in all but one game.

Wright dropped 18 and grabbed 12 boards — his third double-double this season — as the Crimson took Michigan to the wire Saturday in a 65-62 loss.

Wright, who is second in the league in scoring, has already been awarded Ivy League Player of the Week twice. If he continues his stellar play, he’ll likely be a contender for Player of the Year come March.

Tommy Amaker’s club has not only shot the ball well but has also locked down on defense. Ranked first in the Ivies in scoring defense and scoring margin, the Crimson have held opponents like Big 12 member Colorado to 66 points per game. Flying like an Eagle. In Yale’s stunning upset of Boston College, Bulldogs’ sophomore guard Austin Morgan scored a game-high 25 points en route to a 75-67 victory over the Eagles. Morgan, who leads the Ivy League in scoring with 18 points per game, has scored over 20 points three times this season.