At his June 9 arraignment, Wharton alumnus Travis Roesler, arrested for the possession of over $1 million worth of marijuana on May 26, was officially indicted with five charges.

These charges included the manufacturing, dealing, or possession of illegal substances, causing catastrophe, and reckless endangerment. His preliminary hearing is set for June 30, at which time Roesler may choose to take a plea.

The judge also reduced Roesler’s bail from $300,000 to $200,000. The Philadelphia District Attorney’s office was unable to comment on the reasoning behind the bail reduction.

According to Lieutenant Robert Otto from the Philadelphia Police Narcotics Unit in a June 2 article of The Daily Pennsylvanian, 131 hydroponic marijuana plants were found, as well as two pounds of the plant packaged and ready for sale.

The police discovered the hydroponic grow room on the second floor of his 4112 Spruce St. apartment building, where Roesler also runs a fight-training business known as Babylon Studios. Roesler was present at about 7:00 p.m. when police entered his studio, and was subsequently arrested.

Roesler graduated from Wharton in 2006 and was formerly a defensive lineman for the Quakers. According to the Penn Football website, Roesler earned a letter in 2003.

Roesler’s attorney Russel DePersia did not return multiple requests for comment.