On Wednesday, Philadelphia Police arrested former Penn Football player and 2006 Wharton graduate Travis Roesler, 27, for possession of over $1 million worth of marijuana.

According to Lieutenant Robert Otto from the Philadelphia Police Narcotics Unit, Roesler had been the subject of an ongoing investigation. He said, a warrant to search Rosler's mixed martial arts studio at 4112 Spruce Street was issued at 7 p.m. Wednesday.

The police discovered a hydroponic grow room on the second floor of the building, where Roesler runs his fight-training business known as Babylon Studios. Roesler was present when police entered his studio, and was subsequently arrested.

According to Otto, 131 marijuana plants were found, as well as 2 pounds of the plant packaged and ready for sale.

“The entire room was outfitted with a marijuana growing system,” Otto added.

Otto could not confirm how Roesler had come under investigation, just that he had been observed taking part in illegal activities during the course of an investigation.

Roesler faces five charges, including possession with intent to distribute, causing catastrophe and reckless endangerment. His arraignment is scheduled for June 10.

Otto said he believes Roesler is being held on $1 million bail.

“What he was doing was risky to his roommates and to the city,” Otto said. “He deserves to face punishment.”

Otto added that while similar drug busts have been made in the past, this is not a normal occurrence – “especially to come across a natural growth operation.”

A telephone call made to Roesler’s residence was not answered Friday morning. Roesler graduated from Wharton in 2006 and was former defensive lineman for the Quakers. According to the Penn Football website, Roesler earned a letter in 2003.