Even though the Penn women’s golf team had to wait until the sun went down, the Quakers proved to their Ivy League rivals that they are a force to be reckoned with going into the conference championships.

The golfers traveled to Suffern, N.Y., to compete in the Roar-EE Invitational on Friday and Saturday, where they finished in second place out of 14 teams, defeating all but one other Ivy foe — Harvard.

The clock read 7:15 p.m. when the second day of the tournament ended, and Penn senior Meredith Kotowski couldn’t even see as she looked for the bright of the green.

But despite the darkness, she finished tied for fifth out of 75 competitors. Kotowski shared the spot with three other women, including teammate Tiffany Cheung.

Overall, Penn shot a 613, just 10 strokes behind the first-place Crimson.

It was the first tournament in which all eight Ivy teams competed.

“Going into it we were really looking forward to seeing how we would match up against everyone in our league,” said Kotowski.

Kotowski explained that the experience of finishing second against the field that Penn will be facing at next weekend’s Ivy League Championships will give the team that last minute boost heading into the stretch run.

“Now that we know that we can compete with any team in the Ivy League,” Kotowski said, “I think it will give us more confidence in our practices this week and that confidence … will help us at Ivies.”